Monday, July 1, 2013

Half a year of marriage already!

When Arnie says "I'll be back" he means it.

I know it's been awhile since I last posted, but I had some free time and a few sarcastic thoughts to share so I figured I'd grace the internet with another blog post.

I got married!! Actually, here in a few days, we will have been married for 6 months! Or about 2 years in dog time, so I'm sure our dogter Chiquita is assuming Zach is going to be doing something extra special for me on our anniversary.
Honeybadger's back.
I'm sure everyone in the history of matrimony assumes that they had the best wedding of all time, OF ALL TIME, (with the sad exception of those people who fainted at the alter or whose partner got cold feet) but I have to say that Zach and I had a pretty dang awesome wedding. It was so amazing to see everyone that God had put into our life there on our wedding day and we had a wonderful time. (You can stop gagging now).
Here's a picture of us being happy that we're married and also happy that there was a chocolate fondue fountain at the reception.
We went to Cancun, Mexico for our honeymoon and stayed at the Dreams hotel, it was pretty flippin sweet and we plan on going back there for our year and a half anniversary. (Because 1.5 years is the equivalent of 5 years of marriage in dog years and Chiquita would be upset if we didn't do something elaborate on our half-a-decade of marriage anniversary. Also, it would be summer when we go back and the water will be nicer) Here's a picture of us in Mexico:
Tienes... bigote??
We got to swim with dolphins, snorkel, kayak, explore Isla Mujeres on a golf cart, and eat all the coconut ice cream, steak, fish, and creme brulees that we could.
 Some things that we learned from our wedding:
  • Wedding registries are awesome
  • No, you do not need a ridiculously priced gown, no matter how pretty it is.
  • Stick to your guns
  • Make a checklist or have one of those borderline annoyingly organized people make one for you, because you WILL forget things.
  • Details shmetails. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. Do what you want and get outta there.
  • Don't spend a ton of money on the detail shmetails. Sadly, I watched as many of the "details" leftover from our wedding sold at a garage sale for almost nothing when we paid a few hundred dollars for them. (That's even considering the fact that we borrowed quite a few things, (Thanks again Lindsey!!))
  • Don't be snoody, wal-mart and the dollar store have a few things that you can buy that will save you a ton of money in the scheme of things. Example: we bought our "toasting glasses" or whatever those things are called from the dollar tree, and they were pretty cute. (Also another shmetail that you can choose to overlook, but I thought hey 2 bucks and we get to drink sparkling grape juice?? I'm in!)

BONUS PHOTO: here is a picture of Zach's face when he saw me walking down the aisle at our wedding
Aw he can't contain his emotions, he just looks so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment